Friday, October 24, 2008

The Steel Inquisitor II



Alright so a couple posts ago I already talked about this guy. Here is the finished product. I am pretty pleased with it. I think that it could use a little bit more work, but sometimes you just have to be done with something so you can move on. I know I promised to show the step by step, perhaps I will in another post. If any of you have not read Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy then you must stop everything and do it now. Truly the best fantasy writer I have ever read.

5 comments:

Lonna said...

so, this is James. I didn't know about this blog of yours, I just stumbled up on it (I don't do much blog reading). I love that you're getting back into your illustration, I've always really liked your work. I really like the Squirrel Cat thingy, he should be a re-occurring character. You could do a whole childrens book about him.

Anyway, I'm excited to be able to see recent work of yours, keep them coming...

-James

Syl said...

Great picture for Mistborn! Such a creepy character I thought....you did a great job bringing him to life. I love his books too. He truly is a incredible author!

Becky said...

I am so glad you think he is the best fantasy author also. Ryan and I both feel that way. He is so creative.

logankstewart said...

This is awesome. I like the completed piece much better than the sketch. The tattoos are perfect, the spikes great. Loved it.

Have you read Pat Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind? If you liked Sanderson, then you'll like this, too.

Tannie Smith said...

@Loganstewart

Thanks! I will check out Pat Rothfuss. I am always looking for a good book to read. :-)