Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Darlings and Divas

O.k. so I wanted a chance to display my fine art and illustration talents and of course I start off with a logo. The difference is I got to use the following stuff for it and since the project got canceled I wanted a chance to put them out there anyway.


So the project was for a fashion show/fundraiser called "Divas and Darlings" since the models were both adults and young children. So I really researched a lot of Fashion Design and tried a bunch of different styles. I just really liked this messy one and mostly did if for myself, since I knew the client wanted a pretty clean look.
The next one was more of a graphic style similar to Robert Weiss, etc. It was okay, but I feel like it is being done a lot and didn't seem to fit the clientele they were looking for.
So this is the one that was chosen. I liked working with the water colors and paints that I haven't opened in years. So it felt good to just stretch those muscles again. I know that most everything is digital these days, but sometimes it is just nice to smell paint again and also I don't have a tablet so all my digital fine art comes out very...boring.

4 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

Awesome Tannie! It looks great! It'll be fun looking at your stuff and who knows? Maybe you'll get some clients out of it. That would be cool :)

Lauren said...

Wow I really love all of those. But I like the messy one best! It's beautiful. I've never seen your stuff before. You're so talented!

Amber Grannis said...

I love this! It would go prefectly on my blog! Go check me out...http://my3ballerinas.typepad.com

Leslie said...

I absolutely love the look of this! So modern and chic. Makes me want to open up some type of boutique! Tannie you are so talented and I'm glad you have a place to showcase your work.